PRECONCEPTION and PREGNANCY in IBD CLINICAL RESEARCH PROGRAM
Lead investigator: Dr. Vivian Huang (University of Alberta and University of Toronto)
Co-investigators and Collaborators (Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto): Dr. Geoffrey Nguyen, Dr. Hillary Steinhart, Dr. Mark Silverberg, Dr. Ken Croitoru, Dr. Adam Weizman, Dr. Cynthia Maxwell.
Contact (Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto): 416-586-4800 ext 2475
About us: The program aims to improve clinical management of IBD to improve outcomes for mothers with IBD and their infants, and to study the complex interaction between maternal IBD, pregnancy, and the neonate.
The program will include the following:
1) a consultation clinic for women with IBD who are preconception, pregnant, and post partum
2) clinical research studies to improve the care provided to women with IBD during this important time of their lives
3) “bench to bedside” research studies to understand the interaction between maternal IBD and pregnancy, and impact on the infant
4) “bench to bedside” research studies to find biomarkers to assistant in the management of IBD during pregnancy,
5) educational research studies to improve knowledge regarding pregnancy and IBD.
For more information, please go to the following pages:
U of T’s Clinical Outcomes research
U of T’s Translational research
U of T’s Knowledge Translation research
INTERESTED or HAVE QUESTIONS? Wish to participate or volunteer?
If you are interested in participating in any of the studies, please email us at Vivian.Huang@sinaihealthsystem.ca (Toronto).